WordPress is the most popular content management system used by bloggers across the world. What makes it popular is its quick and simple installation and easy usage. Also, the CMS comes with hundreds of free themes and plugins that can be used to make your blogging site more attractive and useful for the targeted audience.
The first step in your blogging journey is to build a good and popular blogsite and buy WordPress hosting plans from established service providers. This will ensure that your website is up and running at a good speed thereby enhancing its reach to the targeted audience. Look out for web hosting plans that include good technical support thereby ensuring that the downtime of your site is low and any kind of problems are dealt with quickly. Some service providers also include SEO tools in their hosting plans to allow their customers to optimise their websites for better search engine rankings.
Here we talk about certain WordPress hacks that can make your task of blogging more efficient.
- Choose a Good Editing Plugin and a Robust Theme Customizer– Use a WordPress theme that makes the creation of new pages easy and quick besides being customisable. This will help you present your content in the desired format and create a unique brand. Again, a good editing plugin will help in the customisation of data to suit the needs of the targeted group. Look out for mobile responsive themes as more and more people are using the internet via their smartphones.
- Keep Track of Competitor Sites– Analyse your competitor sites and check out what is better in their websites. Are they using better plugins or themes that are being received well by the targeted audience? This will help you learn about the popular options that may go well with your blogging site too.
- Use Reusable Blocks in Your Editor Plugin– Certain things like social media buttons should be a constant feature on your website. You may also need to use certain text blocks or a graphic at various places in your website and adding them manually every time can be time-consuming. You can avoid such a situation by using reusable blocks in your editor plugin.
- Avoid Too many Plugins– While plugins are useful, adding too many of them can slow down your website thereby hurting your visitor traffic. You can always cut down the use of plugins with the help of Google Tag Manager that has the functionality of several plugins including Google Analytics.
- Add a Sticky Sidebar Widget to Your Site– The inclusion of a sticky sidebar allows readers to easily navigate your site even when they are at the bottom of a blog post. These sidebars are highly useful if your blog posts are long.
Using WordPress maintenance services is important to deal with hosting issues, coding problems or any other issues that may be negatively impacting your blogging site’s performance and reach. When you buy Word Press hosting lookout for features like e-mail marketing tools and speed-boosting CDN to enhance your website’s reach. Some hosting companies offer unlimited web hosting options that are meant to assure you that all your resource requirements for running a blog site will be met easily.